Order of the Silver Chalice
This prestige class is taken
from descriptions in the "Powers & Pantheon" supplement as well as
the "Lands of Intrigue" boxed set.
Description: The Order of the Silver Chalice is the premier knightly order in Tethyr. The knighthood is dedicated to the goddess Siamorphe, demipower of nobility and rulership. Since Queen Zaranda Star converted to the faith of Siamorphe, the Order of the Silver Chalice has become the goal of many young nobles looking to make a name for themselves in the newly stabilized kingdom. The OSC is made up of mostly fighters, paladins, and clerics, however any class is welcome to join. Members must be able to prove some noble blood in your heritage, although the amount and rank is unimportant, allowing even newly created nobles a chance to join. The OSC is mainly a military and policing group and is organized in such a manner.
The Code of the Order:
- In all things perform with Honor and Nobility.
- Protect commoners from evil attacks and monsters.
- Oppose all tyrants. Guide them to good rule if you can, remove them by force if you cannot.
- Enforce the rights and duties of commoners and the obligations the nobility to them.
- Record and preserve the genealogies of the nobility.
- Arbitrate disputes to prevent conflict in the land.
- Aid in the orderly succession of rulers.
1) Must be of noble rank (either through birth or elevation)
2) Alignment: Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral alignment
3) Race: Must be fully or partially human (human, half-elf, or half-orc)
4) Base Attack Bonus of +6 or better
5) Feats: Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Leadership
6) Required Skills (all at Rank 5 or better): Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (Nobility), Ride, Sense Motive
Class Skills: Handle Animal, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Ride, Sense Motive
Skill Points: 3 + INT modifier per level
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A member of the Order is proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons. all armor and shield.
Attack Bonus: +1 per level
Save Bonus: As per Paladin
Specials Abilities by level:
Level 1: Imbue Weapon or Armor (3/day)
Level 3: Discern Lies, per spell (3/day)
Level 5: Defensive Awareness (cannot be flanked)
Level 7: Summon Mount
Level 8: Protection from Chaos (permanent)
Level 9: Dictum, per spell (1/week)
Level 10: Immunity to Charm spells
Enchant Weapon or Armor: Imbues weapon or armor with a temporary (1 round/level) divine magical bonus of +1. Can be used on one piece of equipment at a time only.