After much thought, I am going to use the following guidelines in experience awards for any games that I run.
1) Mission Goal Award - This is the amount given to each player for completing the goal(s) of the adventure.
2) Foe Award - This is the award given for all foes killed or bested. In most cases it is divided evenly among the players. There will be occasions where a player character wins in a significant, single, combat. In this case, that player will receive the entire award for that monster.
3) Best Role-playing Award - This reward is decided by the DM for the best role-player of the evening. It is worth 100 extra experience points per level of the player character.
4) Best Quote - This award is voted on by the group and is given to the person responsible for the best quote. It is worth 100 extra experience points.
5) Variable Personal Award - As the name suggests, this award will be different for each player. Positive factors to this award could be role-playing effort and participation in the game. A negative factor to this award is continued disruption of the game in any form.
The Variable Personal Award will start on 10/21 and be handed out seperately from the main awards.